Online Voice Game Jam on Saturday, January 29th
We are so excited to announce that WiV Germany is about to realize the very first Feminist Voice Game Jam ever! The goal of this joint effort is to find creative and technically feasible solutions to solve relevant problems of our time – through gamification.
When? 29th of January, 11am to 4pm CET
Where? Online, platform to be announced
Language: English, but let us know if you prefer working in a German or other team
Communication via the platform AND a separate Slack channel
The idea for our Game Jam came up in the wake of An Coppens‘ inspiring talk for the WiV community: Not only did she point out that female founders are still strongly disadvantaged compared to their male counterparts. She also showed her way to not only create awareness for this inequality but train women to prepare themselves concretely for unfair communicative situations: The board game Pitch Reality.
We immediately knew that we had to bundle our creative and professional forces. And that the next logical step for the game would be a realization for Voice – to help more women to be more balanced in communicative situations.
We are now extremely excited to invite you to make this idea a reality.
Is this the Jam for me?
Equality is not only part of the title of our Game Jam! This event is for everyone who wants to make the world an equal and better place for all.
- You have a background in Voice or Game Design or Development? Great!
- You’re passionate about UX and UI Design? Perfect!
- You are interested in feminism and/or wondered how to support female founders? Amazing!
- You’ve been in your field for the last couple of years? Welcome!
- You just started making a career and want to make your very first steps in the world on either Voice Tech or Gaming? We’re so happy to have you!
We are convinced that all those who want to participate will make a valuable contribution with exactly their skills. First and foremost, the Game Jam is meant as an opportunity and space for women*. But of course, all allies are more than welcome, whether as jammers or mentors.
Here’s the board game research ‘Pitch Reality’ was based on
- Study: For Female Founders Seeking VC Funding for the First Time, the Playing Field Is Finally Getting More Level
- Gender Gap in Entrepreneurship
- Female Founders 2021 – för femte året i rad!
- The Fundery: The Essential Venture Capital Database for Women Entrepreneurs
- Youtube Video: Female founders talk of the stigma in the venture capital industry | FT Report
- TED Talk: The real reason female entrepreneurs get less funding
- Launching the 7th annual State of European Tech Report